Agendas and MinutesMeeting papers and other documents
Planning and Conservation CommitteeThe Council has delegated authority to the Planning Committee:
- To consider all matters relating to the use and development of land affecting, or likely to affect, the Town area and its environs.
- To exercise the power and duties of the Council in respect of the powers conferred on it from time to time under the Town and Country Planning Acts and the Orders and Regulations made thereunder including:
- development control
- the local plan process
- To respond on behalf of the Council to all Consultations by the District and County Councils on planning applications, Tree Preservation Orders and related matters;
- To monitor, review and where necessary make recommendations to the Council for amendments to the planning consultation procedure;
- To consider and make recommendations to the Council regarding any matter related to the role of the Town Council in terms of planning and planning consultation processes.
- To consider and make recommendations to the Council regarding transport and travel related issues generally and specifically with regard to:
- The transport and highway impact and implications of planning applications;
- Local and Transport plans and modifications thereto;
- Proposals for promoting (either directly or indirectly) community transport schemes within the Town
- Highway and related matters
- Signage and Streetscape-related matters
- To respond on behalf of the Council to consultations received from the District and County Councils regarding on‑street and off‑street parking matters and Highway and Traffic Orders.
09 Oct 2018
Agenda: Agenda Planning Committee 9th October 2018