Agendas and MinutesMeeting papers and other documents
- The Grants Panel will meet 4 times per year, in accordance with a published annual schedule.
- There is no public or applicant access to meetings of the panel.
- The Panel is tasked to assess applications for financial grant, following principles of the Council’s published Grants Scheme, and to make recommendations to Council for payment or otherwise.
- The Panel is not required to justify its recommendations, but is asked to consider any helpful comments that may be made to assist applicants who are either denied a grant or offered an amount less than that applied-for.
- The Panel is asked to make its recommendations with due regard to the budgeted sum available for the year, although recommendations may be made which either leave an unspent balance at year-end, or which require supplementary funding from the General Fund, provided these are in reasonable proportion to the overall total for the year.