FISHING IN THE PELLS LAKE 2020-21
The Town Council has taken the decision not to issue permits for the 2020 – 2021 season due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Those wishing to fish will, however, still be required to hold a current Environment Agency rod license which must be available for inspection at any time by any employee of the Town Council or one of its representatives.
The following general rules must also be adhered to at all times:
- Fishing is limited to the period from sunrise to sunset.
- All fish caught in the Pells Waters must be returned to the water straight away
- Maximum of two rods per person.
- Only non-toxic shot and weights and barbless hooks may be used.
- No floating baits allowed.
- All luncheon meat and meat baits must be placed in a plastic container as no tins are allowed.
- No fishing lines shall be left unattended.
- Unhooking mats must be used.
- All anglers must use a disgorger; landing net must be of a “knotless” type construction and, when unhooking, fish should not be in contact with the tarmac or gravel surface. Every effort must be made to avoid injury to fish.
- No Keep Nets allowed.
- The Licensee shall not interfere or cause harm to any wildfowl.
- The Licensee must not leave litter, including the lines and other items of fishing tackle, in the Waters, or in the immediate areas surrounding such fishing grounds, and no damage shall be caused to their banks or to any trees or fences in the vicinity.
- The Licensee shall not play any radio, musical or similar instrument to the annoyance of any other person using the banks of the Pells Waters.
- The Licensee shall not permit any pet under his/her control to cause annoyance to wildfowl or to any person using the banks of the Pells Waters.
- The Licensee shall not light any fires on the banks of the Pells Waters or in the immediate vicinity and no guns or other firearms shall be carried.
- The Licensee shall comply with all local byelaws pertaining to the Pells Waters.
- Every person who infringes the terms of this Permit shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding £100.
- Except in the exercise of any legal rights, no motor vehicles are to be taken onto the immediate areas surrounding the fishing grounds
- Except with the prior consent in writing of the Council, competition fishing is not allowed