Lewes Town Council Job Vacancies
Deputy Town Clerk
We’re recruiting for an organised and efficient individual to join our team in the role of Deputy Town Clerk at Lewes Town Council.
Based at Lewes Town Hall but with scope for flexible working arrangements, this role is responsible for strategy, operations, and management.
Working directly with the Town Clerk, the Deputy Town Clerk will influence our policies, oversee our three beloved community venues, and keep our finance and governance in check.
This might be the role for you if you’ve got experience managing people, budgets, projects and risk management, and are looking for a challenge of implementing a strategic solution to the challenges of local government.
Other tasks and duties include supporting and deputising for the Town Clerk, and improving the HR functions of the council.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A high level of literacy and excellent project management skills
- Strong IT skills, including proficiency with the Microsoft Office 365 suite, Microsoft Teams and Sharepoint
- Report writing skills including the presentation of financial information in numerical and narrative forms, and experience managing budgets at a high level
- An excellent ability to work calmly under pressure, manage competing priorities and meet tight deadlines
- HR experience and a positive, friendly, ‘can do’ attitude
- Flexibility to work some unsociable hours to cover evening meetings and occasional weekend events (time off in-lieu)
Please note that the above roles, responsibilities and criteria are not exhaustive, and you should read the Job Description and Person Specification for the full details – you can download this from our website and application form.
If you’re the person that we’re looking for, then you can expect to receive the following benefits:
- A competitive salary between £41,418 – £44,428 dependent on skills, experience and qualifications (permanent contract, 37 hours per week)
- Options for flexible working arrangements
- Enrolment in the Local Government Pension Scheme
- 23 days annual leave (and 2 extra statutory days), plus bank holidays
- A central Lewes working location with great public transport links
Ready to join the team? Applications for this role are accepted via our online application form and we can’t wait to hear from you. If you need this information in an alternative format, or require any reasonable adjustments to be made, please let us know.
The closing date for this role is March 3 at midnight. Interviews will be held 11 or 12 March.
For more information about the role, please contact the Town Clerk, Veronique Poutrel, at firstname.lastname@example.org.