Audit and Governance Panel
The Audit and Governance Panel is delegated authority to carry out on behalf of the council aspects of the prevailing national audit and governance regime that call for member oversight of details.
- The panel is made up of six members, who are not also authorised to sign cheques or other financial instruments, or are already appointed to the Finance Working Party
- The panel is asked to meet at least three times per year, at a practical time following the ends of the second, third and final financial quarters, with a remit to monitor treasury management and budgets
- The panel will act as a public complaints review panel should the need arise, making recommendations to council as appropriate
- Any items where it is necessary to record a member’s signature are to be delegated to the presiding chairperson of the panel
- All such reviews and signatures are to be detailed in panel minutes, and thereby reported to council at the next appropriate meeting
Agendas and Minutes
Please note: this page is undergoing maintenance. Some documents are currently missing and will be restored shortly. If you need a specific document in the meantime, please contact us.