Agendas and MinutesMeeting papers and other documents
Landport Bottom Management CommitteeLandport Bottom, previously owned jointly with Lewes District Council (LDC), is now owned outright by the Town Council. Day-to-day the site is managed by the Lewes District Ranger and, following the transfer of ownership, this service continues under contract with LDC. This Downland site has a number of aspects which make its management less straightforward than an urban park or sports facility and there is a high level of interest and practical involvement from within the community. A standing Landport Bottom Management Committee is therefore established as:
- Landport Bottom Management Committee comprises eight Members, with a remit:
- To conserve and enhance Landport Bottom as an important feature of the local landscape
- To increase biodiversity by appropriate habitat management
- To protect and conserve the Scheduled Ancient Monuments; Registered Battlefield site, and other important historical features.
- To promote quiet, informal enjoyment of Landport Bottom by the general public.
- To involve the local community in the development and management of the site
- To increase the understanding and awareness of the importance of the site, amongst local people and visitors.
- To manage the site with the Health and Safety of the visitors, staff and volunteers as a high priority.
- To manage stock with the highest welfare standards.
- To maintain current fixed assets to high standards.
Landport Bottom Management Committee 4th December 2019 - December 4, 2019 - 7:00 pm
25 Sep 2019
Minutes: Minutes Landport Bottom Management Committee 25th September 2019
Agenda: Agenda Landport Bottom Management Committee 25th September 2019